I asked each of my team members to provide me with a bio for our website. Many of them struggled to articulate information about themselves and what they’ve done or who they are. I can write my bio and share all the things I’ve done but I think it best for you to just know who I am.
So here I am … RAW
· I am who I am. People either love me or they don’t. When I pretend to be something else, for someone else, the relationship fails.
· I have a best friend that I laugh with every time I see her.
· I have a sister that I have struggled to know my whole life but cherish with my whole heart.
· I have battled with depression and anxiety- sometimes I win…sometimes I don’t
· I have struggled with body image and weight issues.
· I am a thrifty shopper but a big tipper.
· I am strong enough to move mountains and so weak I curl up in a ball and cry in my closet.
· I am sweet and forgiving but I am also fierce and intolerant.
· I am productive and efficient but I am also overwhelmed and paralyzed.
· I love being surrounded by people but I am also comfortable being alone.
· I have good hair days and bad hair days.
· I am insecure and I am confident.
· I have days my jeans fit and days they don’t.
· I love a challenge and I fear rejection and failure.
· I worry and fret about things I cannot control or fix.
· I cry and I laugh and sometimes I pee a little when I do either.
· I look in the mirror and I don’t recognize who I see.
· I dream of being a grandmother and have nightmares of losing my own mother.
· I love to cook and entertain.
· I love to sit quietly and color with crayons.
· I love taking things apart and putting them back together again.
· I have an online shopping addiction.
· I label my medicine cabinet by category but I also have drawers I’d be horrified if someone opened.
· I like things to be organized and color coded but I only like abstract art that is messy and unrecognizable.
· I am simple but I am very very complicated.
· I am wordy and take forever to tell a story, generally waving my hands vigorously while trying to explain things.
· I do not have a college education but I am very street smart.
· I have loved – I have lost – I have loved again.
· I am extreme – I am intense – I am who I am.
· I am a mother – I am a wife – I am a daughter – I am a sister – I am a friend.
I am a woman.